Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Chicken Doctor is in!

So when you have animals, you inevitably have injuries right?  Recently we had some very eager, and hungry, chickens and there was a casualty.....
 
I as doing my morning rounds after I opened the coop and noticed fresh blood on the waterer can.  NOT good!  I don't want anymore fighting going on 'round here!  I shortly located the hurt chicken and she got a free visit to the Dr.'s office :)  Our 3 year old son was my assistant and shortly made a "pen" for her to relax in....
 

 
 
I simply treated it like any human wound, stopped the bleeding, assessed the injury, and made sure she was well before returning her to the yard.  Basically they were head down, chowing down, and someone got a taste her comb instead of the feed.  Talk about head/face wound!  They definitely bleed a lot just like that fat lip your sibling gave you during a play wrestling match.  She is fine, and enjoyed some lettuce while in the waiting room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment