Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Breakfast Anyone?

Around here we are split, about 3 breakfast eaters, 3 not so much.  Brunch is fun for us to have on the weekends when we all sleep to different time, and are hungry later in the morning.  One thing that is a staple for us is, pancakes!  I had always gotten the box mix for pancakes until I found a recipe about 1 1/2 years ago in a catholic church cookbook my mom gave me from when she used to teach for the church's school.  It is your typical family favorite recipes, most made for large families with simple ingredients.  We just LOVE this recipe.  It is so easy to whip us, I usually double it for pancakes to munch on all Saturday long, or to freeze for toaster heating later.  We use it so much I have the recipe memorized. 

And who can resist a great library find about pancakes!
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 tblsp melted butter
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla optional

I beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.  The more you whisk, the fluffier your pancakes.  I add the melted butter when it is not so hot but still liquid so that it doesn't solidify into chunks in our batter.  We often add bananas while they are frying, or chocolate chips.  I like mine with walnut chunks and dried cranberries.  If the batter is a bit lumpy, its even better!  Happy Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment