Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Do you think we have enough garden this year?

I have always LOVED gardening.  It seems deep down somewhere it is in my blood.  I have many treasured memories of planting flowers with my Grandpa Al, he always had roses, a bleeding heart plant, petunias, and the Dusty Miller plants always edged his flower bed.  I have added a rose for each kiddo in our front landscape, will be transplanting a bleeding heart from a friend, and am pondering what edging to add.  With this green thumb, and my husband's drive to be a farmer, this year we relocated our garden and increased the size.......

 
 
He just kept tilling more and more :)

 
Add caption
 
 
We started off with many many pots, mostly with popsicle stick to remember what we planted.  The puppy stole most of the sticks,  I guess we are in for some surprises!
 

 
 
 I am always in AWE of the way things grow.  Here is a very large tomato plant compared to the seed that is still hanging onto one of the leaves.  From something so small comes a plant, then food for us.  AMAZING!



Ready for transplanting to paper pots


Some plants we started, and some indoor plants I am not always good at keeping alive through winter. 



I absolutely LOVE these newspaper pots!  They have held together better than I expected, and now planting in the garden gives the seedlings extra protection as they grow, the roots are hardly disturbed for quicker transplanting, and the paper and masking tape composts into the ground.  I asked my librarian friends at the local library for old newspapers they were going to recycle, and here you are!  TONS of paper pots for transplanting!  Check back for produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment